• Sorting of the harvested grapes (sorting table with 2 people) • De-stemming-crushing. • Skin maceration of the Clairettes in the juice of the Ugni Blancs for 12-24 hours at around 10°C before pressing
• Pressing, separation of the different juice qualities • Fairly fast yeasting after the must has started to heat up. • Alcoholic fermentation with some of the Clairette skins up to a density 1010.
• End of the alcoholic fermentation without the skins • Clarification by cooling (12°C) for around 72 hours
• Racking to obtain a clear liquid, separating out the deposit of thick lees.
• Sulphiting of the wine 48 hours after racking in order to block
la Fermentation Malolactique et donc de conserver une meilleure acidité pour garder de la fraicheur dans les vins.
• Fining carried out in November • Racking in the first fortnight of January • Readjustment, if necessary, of the S02 content to protect the wines from oxidation and bacterial contamination.
• Preparation of the wines before bottling: filtration over cartridges, adjustment of the level of CO2
Élevage 4 months’ ageing in stainless-steel vat
Serve at around 12-13°C
Tasting notes : Fine elegant nose, notes of white flowers. We find the same aromas again on the palate and a more pronounced tannic structure than in our traditional whites This structure has been achieved thanks to the vinification processes used (fermentation on the skins).
Conservation : more than 20 years.
Nose : dense and very ripe nose with notes of candied grapes and licorice
Mouth : Mouth complex and rich, beautiful balance, on notes identical to those of the nose. Thick and silky tannins. Very long licorice final Thick and silky tannins. Very long liquorice finish.